University of Kiel
Faculty of Mathematics and
Institute of Geosciences
Marine climate research
Institute of Geosciences,
University of Kiel
D-24118 Kiel, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)431 880 2947
Fax.: +49 (0)431 880 1912
E-mail: os [@] gpi.uni-kiel.de
- El Niño-Southern Oscillation (ENSO)
- Climate modelling
- (Paleo) Climate variability
- Solid Earth/Geophysics
|since 4/2008 || |
Scientist (PhD student)
Kiel University, Institute of Geosciences
|4/2005-11/2007 || |
Master studies "Environmental Physics"
Thesis: "Tropospheric Trace Gases at Bremen Measured With FTIR Spectrometry"
|8/1998-9/2002 || |
Master studies "Physics"
University of Ibadan
Thesis: "Computation of Geomagnetic elements for Nigeria, Africa and the World for the year 2000 and 2010"
|10/1990-9/1995 || |
Bachelor studies "Physics"
Ondo State University
Thesis: Gamma Ray Spectrometry In Evaluation of Natural Radioactivity In Aramoko–Ekiti, Ekiti State, Nigeria
Title: Climate Variability in warm periods (Holocene, Eemian)
The earth's climate has always been fluctuating, but the causes of such variabilities are still not well understood. Thus, climate models are used to make future climate predictions and such models should be able to reproduce the past climate changes. Hence in my thesis, I am using a new state-of-the-art global coupled Atmosphere-Ocean-Sea ice model (ECHAM5/NEMO; KCM - Kiel Climate Model) to investigate climate variability during warm periods such as the Holocene and the Eemian.
- Identify periods with elevated ENSO strength
- Quantify their possible effects on global climate, and
- Identify key regions, mechanisms and parameters for ENSO to be compared with paleo records
- Birgit Schneider (IfG, Kiel University)
- Mojib Latif (IfM-GEOMAR, Kiel)
- Wonsun Park (IfM-GEOMAR, Kiel)
O. R. Salau, T. Warneke, J. Notholt, C. Shim, Q. Li, Y. Xiao: "Tropospheric Trace Gases at Bremen Measured with FTIR Spectrometry." J. Environ. Monit., 2009, 11, 1529 - 1534 [DOI: 10.1039/b903198g]
T.J. Olowofela, O.R. Salau, O.O Akinade T. (2004): Computation of Geomagnetic elements for Nigeria in the year 2000 and 2010 (Publisher: Nig. Journ. of Phy. 16(2004), p 142-161
I.R. Ajayi and O.R. Salau (accepted): ‘A Review of Current Applications of Lasers in Medicines and Industries’
- EGU General Assembly, Vienna, Austria (May 2-7, 2010). Postal Presentation
- AGU Ocean Sciences Meeting, Portland, Oregon, USA (February 22-26, 2010). Postal Presentation
- 6th GKSS School of Environmental Research on Statistical Analysis in Climate Research, Lecce, Italy (October 6-16, 2009)
- EGU General Assembly, Vienna, Austria (April 19 - 24, 2009). Postal Presentation: "Modelled ENSO Variability during Warm Periods"
- Utrecht Summer School on Physics of the Climate System (USPC), 2007; University of Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands (August 13 - 24, 2007). Project and presentation on "Trace Gases in the Atmosphere"
- German International Summer School on ‘Aviation, Weather and Atmosphere’
Research Airport Braunschweig, Germany (August 21 – September 1, 2006)
- Uppsala Graduate School in modern electronic structure theory, for chemists and physicists
Physics Dept., Uppsala University, Sweden (Dec. 11 – Dec. 18, 2006)